- Since Jan 2021: Associate Lecturer in Arts and Humanities, The Open University.
- Since Sep 2020: Lecturer in History, Bishop Grosseteste University, Lincoln.
- Since Sep 2019: Academic Skills Tutor, Leeds Beckett University.
- Since Feb 2019: History Tutor (Access to HE Diploma in History), Infused Learning (distance-learning, online provider).
- Jan 2020 – Sep 2020: Visiting Tutor in History, Bishop Grosseteste University, Lincoln.
- Jun 2017 – Oct 2020: Web Editor and Social Media Officer, Society for the Study of Labour History.
- Jan 2017 – Aug 2019: Part-time Lecturer in History, Leeds Beckett University.
- Mar 2016 – Aug 2017: Guest Lecturer and Seminar Tutor, Wilberforce Institute for the Study of Slavery and Emancipation, University of Hull.
Awards and funding (select)
Gordon Forster Essay Prize 2020, Northern History journal.
Participation in the 2018 Historial de la Grande Guerre summer school. Funded by the University of Louvain (Leuven), Belgium.
European Association for Urban History 2018 postgraduate student award (second place) (August 2018).
Beresford Award, Yorkshire History Prize (2016).
Arts & Humanities Research Council (Heritage Consortium) PhD studentship (2015-18).
2020: Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AdvanceHE) (AFHEA). Awarded 22 May 2020.
2015-19: PhD in History, University of Hull (secondary supervision from Leeds Beckett University). Funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (Heritage Consortium).
2017: Postgraduate Certificate in Heritage Research, University of Hull.
2014-15: MA in Cultural and Social History, University of Leeds.
2011-14: BA (Hons) English and History, Leeds Beckett University (formerly Leeds Metropolitan University).
2007: Certificate in Social Sciences, Open University.
Teaching / administration
2020: Visiting Tutor in History, Bishop Grosseteste University, Lincoln (Jan-).
Committee Member / Social Media Officer, History Lab Plus, Institute of Historical Research (Apr-).
2019-present: Academic Skills Tutor, Leeds Beckett University.
2019-present: Exam Invigilator, University of Law, Leeds (Feb-).
History Tutor, Access to HE History Diploma, Infused Learning (Feb-).
Guest at a seminar on British history and identity (specifically northern and regional English identities) at the Centre for Metropolitan Studies, TU Berlin (7 Jan.). MA students fielded questions on my collaborative research into ‘northernness’ via Skype. Part of a module designed by Felix Fuhg.
2017-present: Web editor and social media officer, Society for the Study of Labour History.
2017-2019: Part-time Lecturer in History, Leeds Beckett University.
2018: Conference assistant organiser, Urban History Beyond the Academy, Leeds Beckett University.
2016-18: Guest lecturer and seminar tutor, University of Hull.
2016: Teaching assistant, Leeds Beckett and University of Hull.
2015: Dissertation mentor, School of History, University of Leeds.
2014-16: Private tutor in history, sociology and English, Two Sigmas.
2014: ‘Mock’ tutorials delivered to first-year undergraduate history students: University of Leeds.
2013-14: Writing mentor, Leeds Beckett University.
History Lab +, Institute of Historical Research
European Association for Urban History
International Society for First World War Studies
Society for the Study of Labour History
First World War Network
Social History Society (UK)
Society for the History of War