- Since Aug 2021: Lecturer in History, Bishop Grosseteste University, Lincoln (full-time).
- Sep 2019 – July 2021: Visiting Tutor in History / Foundation Year, Bishop Grosseteste University, Lincoln.
- Sep 2019 – July 2021: Academic Skills Tutor, Leeds Beckett University.
- Feb 2019 – July 2021: History Tutor (Access to HE Diploma in History), Infused Learning (distance-learning, online provider).
- Jun 2017 – Oct 2020: Web Editor and Social Media Officer, Society for the Study of Labour History.
- Jan 2017 – Aug 2019: Part-time Lecturer in History, Leeds Beckett University.
- Mar 2016 – Aug 2017: Guest Lecturer and Seminar Tutor, Wilberforce Institute for the Study of Slavery and Emancipation, University of Hull.
Awards and funding (select)
Gordon Forster Essay Prize 2020, Northern History journal.
Participation in the 2018 Historial de la Grande Guerre summer school. Funded by the University of Louvain (Leuven), Belgium.
European Association for Urban History 2018 postgraduate student award (second place) (August 2018).
Beresford Award, Yorkshire History Prize (2016).
Arts & Humanities Research Council (Heritage Consortium) PhD studentship (2015-18).
2022: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AdvanceHE) (FHEA). Awarded 23 June 2022.
2020: Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AdvanceHE) (AFHEA). Awarded 22 May 2020.
2015-19: PhD in History, University of Hull (secondary supervision from Leeds Beckett University). Funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (Heritage Consortium).
2017: Postgraduate Certificate in Heritage Research, University of Hull.
2014-15: MA in Cultural and Social History, University of Leeds.
2011-14: BA (Hons) English and History, Leeds Beckett University (formerly Leeds Metropolitan University).
2007: Certificate in Social Sciences, Open University.
Coastal History Network
European Association for Urban History
Global Tobacco History Network
History Lab Plus, Institute of Historical Research (IHR) – committee member
Interdisciplinary Tobacco Network
International Maritime History Association
International Society for First World War Studies
Military Welfare History Network
Royal Historical Society – Fellow, elected February 2022
Society for the History of War